This gallery contains non-finished test-images that are made more for experimental than artistic reasons.
|I'm working on a muscle-system based human figure model :) Not nearly finished, but I liked this shot, so I thought I would share it :)|
|A radial height_field. The idea is that parts of the landscape far away from the camera don't need to be as detailed as the parts close to the camera. So in terms of regular height_fields, the resolution may decrease as the distance from the camera increases. This can easily be accomplished by going through the points in your height_field-image (or function in this case) not in a rectangular way, like regular height_fields, but in a radial way.|
|Just testing MegaPOV's post-processing feature. A darkened and blurred version of the original image is added onto the image, to create a "bloom"-effect. Only problem: it's extremely slow :-/|
|Another update on my "fast clouds" system. Looks more 3D now. Rendertime was 12s on an Athlon 1.1GHz.|
|Mipmapping is a technique to reduce aliasing in image maps. POV-Ray doesn't really support it, but with some SDL-coding, it's possible to simulate it (although it's hard to get right and won't work in reflections or refractions).|
Here's a demo-image. The one on the left uses an ordinary image_map, the one on the right uses an averaged spherical and AOI pattern to choose between 10 mipmaps that I first made by rescaling the original image. Both versions are rendered without AA.
|Another mipmap-test, this time with bump_map instead of image_map.|
No AA used.
|Just a very simple image to show how the aoi pattern can be used to simulate media. Actually made as a demonstration for someone on IRC, but I thought I might as well share it with everybody :p|
|OK, the lensflare-code appears to be finished. I included all of Colefax's possible lensflares, including the random lensflare of which this image is a demonstration.|
Now I just need to add the extra options, like the animation-stuff, blocking-code etc.
|The latest demonstration of my upcoming lensflare-include file, showing a 50-300mm Zoom lensflare, my favorite :p|
|Chris Colefax's Lens Effect include file has a few disadvantages: sometimes it substracts color from the background instead of adding to it, and you need a high max_trace_level for it to work properly. I tried to make my own lensflare-system to compensate for this problems. First I tried with functions, but that seemed to be way too slow. This is a test with averaging pigments. The lensflare itself consists only of 1 plane directly in front of the camera (using screen.inc :)), with only 1 texture. There is only one, quite big, problem with this technique: multi-colored lensflares are impossible, because the colors average to gray :-/|
|A simple scene using my lensflare- and fastclouds-macros|
|While working on my lensflare-include-file (which I am completely rewriting at the moment, to make it more versatile), I thought of an improvement of my "fast clouds" include file. Here's an image demonstrating both my latest lensflare-code and the newest "fast clouds" :)|
|The effect of color-clipping before or after averaging DOF-samples are very clear here. The image on the left looks more realistic because the bright parts that are out of focus look 'bigger', as they should. The image on the right clips the colors before averaging them. That way the brightness gets lost in the blur.|
|It's supposed to look like an old dirty metal plated spaceshiphull... or something like that :)|
|9500 spheres arranged in a mushroom-shape (with a lot of while-loops of course :)) and seperated into a couple of categories: smoke, dust and 3 types of fire, all textured with a simple media-simulating texture (using the MegaPOV aoi-feature).|
|The difference between an area_light (on the left) and an array of point light_source's. Of course I used too few samples, but you get the idea :)|